Resolved
2.0

Cummins Complaint I have a 2007 Itasca Horizon with a Cummins 400 hp engine.I am so sick of reading about the recall of engines with certain serial numbers and all Cummins did was install a Stop Engine light.

My engine’s serial number does not fall into the recall series, but I do have that light on my coach. That light flashed on then immediately off with a barely audible ding. It went off so quickly that I couldn't even tell what it was. Let me tell you what that light and ding means.

It means you are one of the unlucky owners of Cummin’s defective engines and they successfully managed to get that engine out of their warranty period. Now they get to sell you a new engine at around $30,000. My $300,000 coach is now worthless. I bought it brand new in 2008, then the bottom fell out of the economy and we were not able to do the traveling like we had hoped.

So by not traveling as much, but doing all maintenance, my warranty timed out at 5 years. I only have 52,000 miles on an engine that had a 100,000 mile warranty and Cummins won't help. Someone needs to make Cummins be responsible for these failing engines. There is no way anyone can prevent this catastrophic engine failure.

It is a defective engine. I drove my motorhome into the repair facility. NO LIGHTS ON, NO WARNING DINGS. It wasn't until they dropped the pan that they found pieces of the engine in the pan.

Now I am supposed to put more of my good money into buying another engine from this company. Every Cummins repair facility I have been to between Louisiana and El Paso, Texas have several RVs in for repair with the same problem. They have known of this unrepairable problem with their engines and they installed a light to tell you your engine is one of their unrepairable ones. It's should be called a sucker light, or maybe *** light is appropriate, because I was an *** for believing Winnebago and Freightliner when they told me I was an owner of the best Diesel engine made, Cummins engine.

Yes, the Freightliner Service Center that diagnosed the engine replacement asked Cummins to help and it was denied because my engine with only 52,000 miles on it was out of warranty.I also called Customer Care and they said the decision was already made.

Review about: Cummins Rv Engine.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Pay for replacement engine and labor charges.

Comments